Psychedelic Neuroscience Demystified
Psychedelic Neuroscience Demystified: How Psychedelics Alter Consciousness and Produce Therapeutic Effects is a comprehensive course presented by Psychedelics Today.
- 20 Enrolled
- All levels
- Last updated Apr '23
Psychedelic Neuroscience Demystified: How Psychedelics Alter Consciousness and Produce Therapeutic Effects is a comprehensive course presented by Psychedelics Today and live-taught by experts in the field, Melanie Pincus, Ph.D., and Manesh Girn, Ph.D.(c). The course is designed to provide participants with a solid understanding of the neuroscientific principles behind psychedelic therapies, equipping them with the knowledge needed to better guide clients through their experiences. Clinicians, therapists, and other professionals in the psychedelic space will benefit from this in-depth exploration of brain structure and function, the therapeutic mechanisms of psychedelics, and the science of set and setting.
Enrollment in the course grants participants access to over 10 hours of course material, 12 hours of face-to-face time with instructors via Zoom, live chats with expert guest presenters, and lifetime access to the course material. Throughout the program, participants will delve into topics such as the neural mechanisms underlying the psychedelic experience, the role of neuroplasticity in therapy, and the differences between psychedelics and standard pharmacological treatments.
The course begins on May 17th and is designed for a range of professionals, including healthcare workers, mental health workers, wellness practitioners, and students in related fields. However, it should be noted that this course does not qualify participants as psychedelic therapists.
What you’ll learn
- Acquire foundational knowledge of brain structure and function related to psychedelics.
- Understand the neuropharmacology and neuroimaging of psychedelic substances.
- Explore the therapeutic mechanisms of psychedelics at cellular, circuit, and global brain levels.
- Examine the science behind set, setting, and how they influence psychedelic experiences.
- Learn about the potential of psychedelics in enhancing human potential and well-being.
- Gain insights into the latest research on neuroplasticity and its role in psychedelic therapy.
- Understand the differences between psychedelic therapies and standard pharmacological treatments.
- Become a neuroscientifically informed participant in the psychedelic space.
- Connect with peers and experts to build an online community and share insights.
Upon completing this course, participants will be well-equipped with the neuroscientific knowledge necessary to navigate the rapidly evolving world of psychedelic therapies and contribute meaningfully to the field.
Tatayo (“Fruit of the Wind”) first arrived in Gabon in 1971 at the age of 21 and became a Gabonese citizen. In 1979, he became the first white person to be initiated into the Bwiti Fang tradition in Gabon. In 1994, he was initiated into the Misokko tradition. As a guide for numerous expeditions and missions, including those of National Geographic, the BBC, and others, Tatayo is considered to have “opened the door” to westerners in Gabon.
Frequently Asked Questions
This course includes
- Modules 8
- Duration 8 Weeks
- Skills All levels
- Language English
- Availability Cohort
- Certificate No